City Furniture undependable and dishonest. Lacks credibility and terrible customer service.
In the Fall of 2014 we furnished an apt.completely through City Furniture.
We spent thousands of dollars to fill five rooms. The sales people are outgoing, positive and driven. They want your sale! And, they will tell you anything to get it.
Including selling us a warrantee that is a scam! The company does not stand by the contract or their products. We were told the contract (which cost us hundreds of additional dollars) would cover any damage to the furniture regardless of how the damage occurred. However, when we needed to use this policy (within months of purchasing the furniture), the guidelines changed.
And, in fact, it didn't cover any of the issues, except for manufacturer's issues, which was not the case of any of our damages (most of which occurred prior to delivery or during the time of delivery). The delivery was very late and off schedule. We were told it would be delivered between 1PM - 5PM. The day of, it was changed to 6:00, 6:30, 7:30.
Finally, it came at 8:30 PM and ruined our dinner plans with friends (it all still needed to be set up). It was getting dark and we did not have lighting set up, yet. The delivery men left after 9:25 that evening. We ate dinner at 10.
So, the scratch (which was covered up with brown marker) from top to bottom of the mirror frame was not noticeable at the time (along with the scratch on the bed frame, which was not touched up). We didn't see these scratches until a few days later. The company still refuses to do anything about repairing or replacing these pieces. They claim they are not responsible.
The product is a huge disappointment, as well!
The quality of the furniture is nothing more than cheap materials. While it may look good from a distance, it doesn't last. Unfortunately, I have tried to work with the company and customer services for 8 months (as of this writing), since we noticed the issues (only four days after delivery) and we have gotten the run-around repeatedly. Heartache and heart ship is what their employees are taught to provide.
In the near future we will be purchasing a house. We will need to furnish three bedrooms, family room, living/dining room and kitchen. I can promise it will NOT be with anything from City Furniture. They lost a good, loyal customer and I hope others will learn from this.
We know we aren't the first to experience the disloyalty of this company. We hope we'll be the last, but know that most likely isn't realistic.
My advice to anyone looking for new furniture and living through the excitement of furnishing their home or vacation home, is to stay away from City Furniture.You will be very sorry and terribly disappointed.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Follow up
- Customer service
- Dishonesty of sales assistance
- Defective furniture
- Rude customer service
- Reason of review:
- poor customer service, bad quality, delivery, warranty, damaged...
- Preferred solution:
- repair or replace
- Product or service
- Bedroom Set
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I spent over $4000 on the second most expensive tempurpedic mattress in the store. When we got the mattress, we noticed it has several old, dirty stains. They mattress did..."
- "Got sofa sectional delivered and it was crooked in the back. They sent out two separate replacements... same thing. They assured Us a supervisor would inspect the sofa piece prior..."
- "On Nov 2011 we bought from City Furniture a Dinner table with 6 chairs and a China, almost $3.000 because was a new model, also we took the insurance against..."
- "Google Play sucks on there shipment I order a phone on the 25th pay for 1-2 day shipping $13.99 and the 29th received on e-mail saying they were going to..."
- "Burned My Face and Eyes for Over 3 Weeks...They DO NOT Stand by there Products and They are Trained to Be The Biggest Scam Artists Out There...Told Me if I..."
- "I purchased Apt 9 pants from Kohl's about a month ago. I have worn the pants 3 times( I wear them in an office where I sit most of the..."
- "My father was kind enough to give me a H&D fruit of the month gift, a pricey thing for 12 mos. I live where there is no home delivery of..."
- "Every month I have to contact them. They tell me problem is resolved and the next month they do it again. Charges for install and their modem I never got..."
- "I ordered a miu miu shoes online, they came the wrong size so I went to the store itself to exchange them...they did not have them in their inventory. So..."