City Furniture undependable and dishonest. Lacks credibility and terrible customer service.
In the Fall of 2014 we furnished an apt.completely through City Furniture.
We spent thousands of dollars to fill five rooms. The sales people are outgoing, positive and driven. They want your sale! And, they will tell you anything to get it.
Including selling us a warrantee that is a scam! The company does not stand by the contract or their products. We were told the contract (which cost us hundreds of additional dollars) would cover any damage to the furniture regardless of how the damage occurred. However, when we needed to use this policy (within months of purchasing the furniture), the guidelines changed.
And, in fact, it didn't cover any of the issues, except for manufacturer's issues, which was not the case of any of our damages (most of which occurred prior to delivery or during the time of delivery). The delivery was very late and off schedule. We were told it would be delivered between 1PM - 5PM. The day of, it was changed to 6:00, 6:30, 7:30.
Finally, it came at 8:30 PM and ruined our dinner plans with friends (it all still needed to be set up). It was getting dark and we did not have lighting set up, yet. The delivery men left after 9:25 that evening. We ate dinner at 10.
So, the scratch (which was covered up with brown marker) from top to bottom of the mirror frame was not noticeable at the time (along with the scratch on the bed frame, which was not touched up). We didn't see these scratches until a few days later. The company still refuses to do anything about repairing or replacing these pieces. They claim they are not responsible.
The product is a huge disappointment, as well!
The quality of the furniture is nothing more than cheap materials. While it may look good from a distance, it doesn't last. Unfortunately, I have tried to work with the company and customer services for 8 months (as of this writing), since we noticed the issues (only four days after delivery) and we have gotten the run-around repeatedly. Heartache and heart ship is what their employees are taught to provide.
In the near future we will be purchasing a house. We will need to furnish three bedrooms, family room, living/dining room and kitchen. I can promise it will NOT be with anything from City Furniture. They lost a good, loyal customer and I hope others will learn from this.
We know we aren't the first to experience the disloyalty of this company. We hope we'll be the last, but know that most likely isn't realistic.
My advice to anyone looking for new furniture and living through the excitement of furnishing their home or vacation home, is to stay away from City Furniture.You will be very sorry and terribly disappointed.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Follow up
- Customer service
- Dishonesty of sales assistance
- Defective furniture
- Rude customer service
- Reason of review:
- poor customer service, bad quality, delivery, warranty, damaged...
- Preferred solution:
- repair or replace
- Product or service
- Bedroom Set
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "This has been a piece a junk. Within first 6 months of owning the furniture store had it restitched/reupholstered because the seams were coming apart. Then the fake leather that..."
- "Purchased the piece of furniture in 2008 in the Jacksonville Florida store. We were told that it would last us a lifetime. We were also told that the extended 5..."
- "KraftMaid APC "All Plywood Construction" is a true misnomer. The backs of the cabinets are made from a combination of strips of plywood (for wall attachment) and a sheet of..."
- "Bought the projecter headlights halos for my 2004 ford f150, they look amazing, great fit, install was pretty easy, the only problem is the fact that the headlights are dim,..."
- "Moss and Company abuses little old lady's and disabled people. Moss and company sues little old lady for reviewing her experience on yelp. The harassment Moss and Company and James..."
- "Okaymmo mu legend mall overview: 1. Always Good Reputation okaymmo.com has a good reputation among our customers. Many of them recommend friends to buy from us. You may know the..."
- "DO NOT go to alan bauman the butcher for a hair transplant!! He left me scarred and disfigured for life!! he left me with permanent nerve damage for life! ..."
- "They asked for 6 months to right my yard. I gave them 1 year. They didn't control the weeds. They didn't control fungus. Now my yard is dying off because..."
- "Stay away from a website called www.receptionau.info I never received Ipad2 64.3g. They were a fraud site. they are located in China. They offer unbelievable prices. I have chat with..."