I purchased a couch and two chairs for $3,500 from City Furniture, Cutler Bay, FL. I also purchased an extended 3 year warranty for replacement or repair.

After delivery and the unwrapping of the furniture, we did not use the set for two days. upon our first use we discovered 25 to 30 termites crawling out of the cushions and the bottom of the furniture. I called the sales person and he said there was nothing he or the store manager could do about it and told me to call customer service. I called customer service and they said to send photos of the bugs and they would get back to me in 24 to 48 hours.

That was 9 days ago. No return call and no follow up. I called three times since then and was told that termites were not covered, no way could any of their warehouses have termites and since I did not report this in the first three days, it was not covered. Still no response as to the warranty I purchased and a visit from a pest company to inspect the bugs I kept.

This company has no customer service after the sale as evidenced by the 100's of similar complaints at sites like this.

I am filing a complaint with the Florida consumer protection agency as it has been my experience that this companies method of operation appears to be sell the product and then not honor and warranties regarding quality or damage caused by them.

Product or Service Mentioned: City Furniture Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Non honored warranty.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 27, 2015.

Comments