City Furniture - Poor quality of products and awfull Customer Service

59 of 67 City Furniture reviews

On Nov 2011 we bought from City Furniture a Dinner table with 6 chairs and a China, almost $3.000 because was a new model, also we took the insurance against any damage to protect our investment (they say....).After 1 year the chairs are ripping apart and the table is ruined.

It's completly scratched. One night we had a meeting using the table, that by the way is almost decorative because I have my dinning table at the kitchen, and for our surprise the table got ruined and scratched because we signed a document over it and all we wrote on the paper went over the table for any reason. I called Customer Service to let them know and looking for help (I bought and insurance for this cases) and beside to be very rude, they told me that the insurance does not cover this damage because it was my fault since the tables are not for write anything on it, they are just to have dinner with 2 or more table clothes on it and I should know it by now (what???) nobody told me that I could not write over a table ever in that store so I could be aware of what I was buying..... I was very surprised with what I was told...

it is incredible the bad quality of the products and the awful customer service. I went to the store to file the claim and the response was the same, the insurance doesn't cover this because it was my fault and nobody wanted to help me. I cannot believe that I spent $3.000 on a furniture that became like it was something from a very cheap store, and they are refusing to repair or replace the table and chairs because they say that is my fault, and believe me, it is not, the poor quality of the materials used is very evident. It is not fair!!!

my money worth and I wantt somebody to help me!!!I've had at least 2 tables in my house in my entire life (45 years) before this one and all of them are like the first day because they are made out of very good materials and I am a person that take good care of my stuff, so I don't understand what's going on here, the only thing that I understand is the poor quality of the products and Customer Service, this is too much for me....

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
59 of 67 City Furniture reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to City Furniture. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about City Furniture.
Filing a new complaint about
×